Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Lyle's Laments and Marge's Moans

last night we were sitting around on Sandy's last night here and we were watching the Dancing with the Stars show. It was a pretty funny show last night. Mom and Dad enjoy watching this together so I'm glad I hung out for awhile.

Before the show Mom, Sandy and I watched Miss Potter (about Beatrix Potter)- great movie if you haven't seen it. Anyone who has visited Mom and Dad's know that they have a pretty ridgid sitting arrangment with Dad sitting right in his king chair by the window so he can see the world pass by and keep track of his neighbors and such. It so happened that because of the movie watching we were all switched around in our seating arangements. I am sitting in the king chair. I look down at the stack of notepads that Dad keeps by his chair and read what is written.

Earlier he had told us of the substitute mail carrier story. Apparently during the construction that is going on on East Marine View Drive, they have put in temporary mail boxes for the residents which happen to be on the corner by the alley at Dad's. He watches for the mail and noticed that there was a substitute. Now because Mom and Dad have trouble getting around, their mail is still to be delivered right to their door like always. He watches the substitute fill the boxes and then make his way across the street without having brought his mail to his door. He calls out from his window perch asking if he didn't have any mail today? the Sub gets a weird look on his face and immediately goes to the mailboxes (where there isn't a box for Dad) and pulls out a stack of mail and then brings it to dad's door. Being Dad he is worried about this so he places a call to Postmaster of Everett, logs a complaint and is to receive a call the next day.

So back to me sitting in his chair. I look down and there in front of me is Lyle's police blotter stating:

2:05 932 mail sub places mail in boxes, caught, the phone number for the postmaster and the case number. He is ready for the postmaster's call.

Mom, Sandy and I have a wonderful belly roll laugh about Dad's police blotter of Lyle's Laments. Marge Moans.......lol

p.s. Postmaster actually called about the complaint.....